Here you will Find Topics such as Organic Gardening, Biodynamics, Whole Earth Gardening, Artisan Sourdough Bread making, Cooking from Scratch, Candle making, Soap Making, Beekeeping, Simple Living, Stockpiling, Energy Saving, Living Frugally and lovingly sharing with like minded people.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Lavender Soap


So here is the latest soap I have made.  Lavender, it contains lavender essential oil, organic lavender flowers, olive oil, coconut oil, rice bran oil and castor oil.  I am really happy the way it has turned out and it smells absolutely divine, now to wait for a month before it can be used.
Here the ingredients are gathered, the oils are melted and heated, the lye solution mixed and cooling down, the mold lined and ready to go. As I have made quite a few batches of soap I find it actually quite relaxing, there doesn't seem as much rush as when I made my first batch.
The oils and lye solution combined, stirred with a spoon ready for stick blending.
Here the soap has reached trace or a consistency of thick custard and the lavender essential oil and organic dried lavender are being added.
Poured into the mold, ready to be insulated and left for twenty-four hours before it can be cut up into bars ready for drying.
                                Removed from the mold and sliced.
All sliced and placed onto the drying rack.  The hardest part now is to leave it for the month before it is able to be used, at least I can enjoy the smell of the lavender every time I enter the room while it is drying.


Once you have used home made soap with all natural ingredients it is impossible to go back to the supermarket soaps, it sort of spoils you.


Have a great day.


Cheers Shirley :)

2 comments:

  1. Soap is one of my all-time favourite things. I often buy it at farmers' markets as a special treat. Where did you learn to make it? I love how yours has turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma,

    I had a friend that knew how to make soap, she offered to show me, she just made pretty much basic soap. I have just experimented a little finding different recipes, I made a beautiful goats milk one last night, can't wait to unmold it to see how it has turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete