Here you will Find Topics such as Organic Gardening, Biodynamics, Whole Earth Gardening, Artisan Sourdough Bread making, Cooking from Scratch, Candle making, Soap Making, Beekeeping, Simple Living, Stockpiling, Energy Saving, Living Frugally and lovingly sharing with like minded people.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Some Inspirational DVD's

Today I thought I would share some of my favourite DVD's,  When we turn on the TV in the evening to watch the news, current affairs etc, it is always bad news, financial woes, food shortages, disasters here there and everywhere.  I don't know about you but it leaves me feeling drained.

Quite often there is nothing on of interest, this is when I break out my collection of DVD's for an inspirational evening of viewing.

The old TV series the Good Life is always uplifting to watch, funny, way ahead of it's time and was very popular, I even noticed it is being re-shown on one of the main stream TV stations at the moment.


Of course a collection wouldn't be complete without a DVD from the Gardening Australia Guru Peter Cundal, I am sure missed by all who follow the show.


Here I have the Seedsavers DVD made by Michel and Jude Fanton, The Future of Food, a Permaculture DVD Establishing a Food Forest presented by Geoff Lawton and even one of our ex Australian cricketers has a DVD Home Ground where he shows his quest for a more self-sufficient, sustainable and enriched lifestyle.


Last but not least from the great British TV Series River Cottage, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall presents his self sufficient lifestyle.

So that is some of my inspirational viewing for an evening when there is nothing on the TV.

Have a wonderful day.

Shirley :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment